January 16, 2012

Tip of the Day: Pace Yourself

I started the day in a fairly miserable state. After a terrible night's sleep, I ignored my 5:50 alarm and snoozed through my designated exercise time. On the plus side, that meant I could do my workout (after the kids were in bed) with my favourite training partner. (And no ... I don't mean Tony Horton. He's very reliable and all, but frankly we're not entirely compatible). And today was (finally) the day when I started to feel like the workouts were paying off. At the start of week 3, I am getting measurably fitter. Onward and upward!


View CKC Excellence 2012 Fitness Challenge in a larger map

Also, I've created a Google Map for the CKC Excellence 2012 challenge, so that my fellow challengers and I can capture all the different places we are working out. Since the group includes people from all across Eastern Canada (nobody publicly declared from the West ... are you out there?), I thought a map might be a neat way to capture some of the challenge geographically. Julia has already joined in! If you want to be added to the list of collaborators so that you can add your own favourite workout locations, drop me a comment to this post and I will add you.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Peter, please add me to the list of collaborators and I will add my exercise locations. Nothing too exciting yet, but that could change in February!

Liz said...

Between the great skiing in Gatineau Park and at Mooney's Bay, the Rideau Canal and my local Goodlife gym, it's easy to find a place to exercise in Ottawa in winter. Met Wendy, also on the list and also a mother a 2008 Olympic kayaker, on the Gatineau trails the other day.

Kate said...

OK, I'm in....but I am buying new shoes.